Welcome to the Day 4 of The Belgrave Legacy Blog Series. The series spans from September 20, 2016 to November 1, 2016. Each week, there will be a theme with 2 blog posts (Tuesday and Thursday).
If you missed the last post, this week’s theme is Protagonists.
Here are the past posts, in case you missed any of them: Day 1 and Day 2.
The male lead of (and romantic interest in) The Belgrave Legacy is none other than Caleb Pearce. A dark angel working for Lucifer for the past more than a century and a half. Oh, and he’s frozen at the age of 22. You would think I have nothing in common with an older, male paranormal being—but you’d be wrong. We barely share anything, but the one thing we both have is the same birth day (not date though, I’m not even 21).
While I love Caleb as one of my characters, I would never see myself with someone like him. I created him to be the perfect match for Fawn, but for me. So, what else can I tell you (that may or may not be included in the story) about the originally misguided and winged male protagonist of The Belgrave Legacy? Let’s get started:
- Caleb wanted to be a soldier and follow in his father’s footsteps
- When he was still human, he fell in love with a girl in his town, but her father had already arranged for her to marry someone else
- His favorite part about modern times is the internet
- Caleb’s first mission was to compromise the daughter of a well-known Indian official, stirring the political unrest between India and England
- His biggest wish is the same as Fawn’s: to keep himself, and his loved ones safe
- His black wings are similar to another book character I love: Fang from the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson (you can read my movie review of the recent film adaptation here)
- My dream cast for him is Alexander Ludwig, who was in Race to Witch Mountain (2009) and more recently payed Cato in the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games (2012)
Are you excited to officially meet Caleb? Can’t wait until October 2016 to read The Belgrave Legacy? Why don’t you preorder it now?
And be sure to come back to my blog in 2 days for an epic book boyfriend giveaway!
You can also get 2 tarot cards featuring Fawn: The Star and The Lovers (which also has Caleb).
4 thoughts on “Meet Caleb Pearce”