Welcome to the Day 3 of The Belgrave Legacy Blog Series. The series spans from September 20, 2016 to November 1, 2016. Each week, there will be a theme with 2 blog posts (Tuesday and Thursday).
This week’s theme is Protagonists of The Belgrave Legacy.
The leading lady of The Belgrave Legacy is none other than Fawn Belgrave. Sixteen at the start of the book, like I was when I was editing that part of the story, and eighteen for most of the novel, she has always been lock-step with me in age. We both have single moms and dark hair, family and friends who love us, and an obsession with musical theater. But that’s where the similarities essentially end.
For one, she’s caucasian and has blue eyes. She has magic, is the subject of a centuries old prophecy, the prize in the bet between God and the Devil, and she is dating (kind of—it’s complicated) someone.I’m not vain enough to say that she is the best version of me, nor will I say that she is who I aspire to be. But Fawn has, and probably will always have a special place in my heart as the female protagonist in my first published novel, The Belgrave Daughter, 2013—which you can get for free by subscribing at the bottom of this post—and soon The Belgrave Legacy, 2016. Let’s get a bit more into her, shall we?
- Fawn has never had a pet (something I’m glad to not share with her)
- Fawn doesn’t have a dream or planned career path, she’s very go with the flow
- She’s very trusting (sometimes, a little too much so)
- She could be considered a ISFJ personality, though I didn’t really think about it while I was writing her character so there may be inconsistencies with this classification
- Her favorite hobby is reading
- Her biggest wish would be to keep her, and her loved ones safe
- My dream cast for her is Jemima West, a French actress, who portrayed Isabelle Lightwood in the City of Bones movie, based on the first book in Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series
Are you excited to get more acquainted with Fawn Belgrave? Can’t wait until October 2016 to read The Belgrave Legacy? Why don’t you preorder it?
You can also get 2 tarot cards featuring Fawn: The Star and The Lovers (which also has Caleb).