Happy Valentine’s Day to all the happy people in relationships! I salute you and congratulate you on your good fortune. And happy Singles Awareness Day to all the singletons (happy or not) who make up the rest of the world’s population. I stand with your ranks today.
Now, unlike most single people, I feel no real animosity towards this over-priced and hyped up holiday. But while I’m apathetic, I believe that people in relationships should be celebrated every day of the year. You don’t get to ignore your partner for the other 364 days of the year with the justification that you’ll pamper them on February 14. Sorry, it doesn’t work that way.
To make this more positive, I’m going to list some of my favorite Romance Novels of all time (in no particular order):
- Fire of Stars and Dragons by Melissa A. Petreshock (99¢ sale)
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Sweet series by Wendy Higgins
- Losing It series by Cora Carmack (Losing It, Faking It, Finding It)
- The Remnant Chronicles series by Mary E. Pearson (The Kiss of Deception, The Heart of Betrayal, and more)
There are so many more romances I love, but I’m going to leave it here so I don’t completely overwhelm you. With that, I wish you happy reading!
Also, check out my friend Jenna Moreci’s “Top 10 Peeves about Fictional Romances” (*Warning: harsh language). You can follow her on twitter, like her facebook page, subscribe to her Youtube channel, and read the first 3 chapters of her debut novel Eve: The Awakening.