Thanks to Author Caitlin Hensley for tagging me.
- What is the working title of your book? 7th Heaven. It’s the first in The Belgrave Legacy trilogy.
- Where did the idea come from for the book? It just came from my imagination, as cheesy as that sounds.
- What genre does your book fall under? Romance. Not sure if it’s Paranormal or Fantasy (it has witches and angels, so probably Fantasy). I’ll figure it out more once I’m done with it.
- Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? Drew Roy as MMC and Vanessa Marano as FMC. Liam Neeson as God and Ian Somerhalder as Lucifer.
- What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? When Fawn’s magical powers become the coveted prize in a bet between God and the Devil, her life is turned upside down—starting with the arrival of an angel named Caleb.
- Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency? After a lot of research, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m hoping to get it represented by an agency, but I’m open to all three options.
- How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? It was on the back burner when I was working on another project, so the actual timeline has been about a year, but condensed: probably around 6 months.
- What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Hm… that’s a tough one. Maybe Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins and maybe Fallen Lauren Kate or Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I’ve also heard Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough.
- Who or what inspired you to write this book?: My family. Great love stories keep cropping up and losing my grandma definitely inspired this story. Also, the strong women in my family. I’m a feminist, and it shows slightly in my novel because only women have magical powers. Anyway, I wanted to know how far would someone go if they had to choose between true love and saving their family. Me? I’d always choose my family. No one could ever top them for me, and itâ€™s reflected in my story.
- What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?: It’s the first in a trilogy so you’ll have more to look forward to. Here’s the whole blurb:
Fawn Belgrave is destined to save the world, but with three men manipulating her, how will she stay true to herself and fulfill her destiny?
“A powerful witch with blood laced in gold sevenfold will determine the fate of the world.”
A prophecy as old as the Fall From Grace when Adam and Eve were kicked out of Eden, let’s just say many people forgot about it, but got hasn’t—and neither has Lucifer. When Fawn’s magical powers become the coveted prize in a bet between God and the Devil, Fawn’s life is turned upside down—
startingwith the arrival of an angel named Caleb.
As both sides try to stack the odds in their favor, Fawn’s family is pulled into the crossfire, and she has to make a choice: her family or romance. Her choice will change the course of destiny, for better or worse.
Be sure to check out some of my fellow writer’s responses (in no particular order): Aidyl Ewoh, Scott Martin, Hannah Mummert, Joanna M Coleman, and Adriana Lister.