First things first: thank you to the awesome Jessi Elliott for nominating me & sending these questions. We haven’t known each other for long, but I love having you as a friend.
Second, if you don’t know what the Liebster Award is, it’s meant to promote new and rising blogs. It’s also a nice way to pay it forward!
- What has been your favorite book of 2016? November 9 (Kindle | Paperback | iBooks) by Colleen Hoover, hands down. I still need to review it, but I give it ✯✯✯✯✯.
- If you could have dinner with one fictional character, dead or alive, who would it be? Professor Dumbledore. Yes, he wasn’t perfect, but he was brilliant.
- Name three of your favorite authors. J.K. Rowling, Wendy Higgins, Cora Carmack (one for MG, YA, and NA — and the order I discovered them in).
- What is one thing you hope to achieve by the end of the year? Get The Matchmakers finished and ready for publication.
- Cats or dogs? Dogs, since I have one, but I don’t actually mind cats.
- Starbucks or Tim’s? Starbucks, just because I don’t know what Tim’s is. I don’t really drink enough coffee to go to Starbucks on a regular basis, though.
- What is the worst movie you have ever watched?
Animolisa. I can’t even express how awful this was. *shudder*
- What is your favorite hobby? Besides writing? Making friendship bracelets, or knitting, and crocheting.
- If you could trade places for one fictional character for 24 hours, who would it be and what would you do? Hermione Granger, and I’d use a time-turner while learning magic. That would be perfectly awesome.
- What is your favorite season? Fall, even though my birthday is in
Spring,because it’s nice weather and has Thanksgiving & family.
- Would you rather only be able to read one book for the rest of your life, or have every book you read spoiled? Oh, geez. Either of these would work since I’m a repeat reader, but spoilers also don’t bother me since I’m good at guessing them way too early, anyway… so… I’d say “have every book I read spoiled,” because that way I can read new books.
Did you find my answers interesting? I hope so! Here are 11 “fun” facts about me:
- I have a crazy, but fickle sweet tooth (e.g. cookies are sometimes too sweet, but cotton candy is always okay)
- I don’t like chocolate-flavored stuff (like cake or frosting), but love chocolate (e.g. bars, kisses, etc)
- I can’t eat food that’s too salty or I’ll get migraines
- Number 3 makes me sad because I love Chinese food
- I am Chinese, so Number 4 also makes me sad
- I was adopted when I was 1.5 years old. I don’t remember much before then, but sometimes I get random snippets
- I have never met, have no desire to meet, and probably can’t meet (thanks to China’s closed adoption policies) my birth parents
- The first novel I wrote when I was eight was a shameful Nancy Drew rip-off. It wasn’t “bad,” but it was shameful I so clearly copied my favorite series. Thankfully, I grew out of that and know that plagiarism is bad.
- “I’m only 19 but my mind is older” (Hamilton reference) because I was recently the team captain of 6 other people, who were all older than me, in
- I am constantly fighting injuries: feet, ankle, knee, or wrist (which is the worst because it means I can’t write or do my aforementioned hobbies in #8 of the previous list)
- I’m on the Pisces/Aries cusp, and have grown into being more Arian since middle school, but am still the intuitive/sensitive Pisces. The only difference is now I’ll stand up for myself when I’m treated badly.
And here are 11 new questions for my 3 nominees (see below):
- What was the title of the first story you ever wrote (not published) and how old were you?
- What book inspired you to become an author?
- Is there an author you admire and aspire to be like?
- If you could be one magical creature (from any mythology), what would you be?
- Do you like traditional (Dracula, Nosferatu, etc.) or new vampires (Tru Blood, Vampire Diaries, Twilight) better?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
- Who is one comic book superhero(ine) that you think deserves a solo movie?
- If you could meet a famous writer, dead or alive, over dinner, who would it be and what would you be eating?
- Are you a plotter, pantser, or plantser?
- What is your favorite genre to read? What is your favorite book in that genre?
- What is a piece of advice you’d like to pass onto other writers?
- Acknowledge and thank the blog who nominated you. Make sure to link back to them, showing your appreciation, and display the award on your blog!
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random fun facts about yourself.
- Nominate some blogs with less than 200 followers that you think deserve the award.
- Let those bloggers know that you nominated them.
- Give them 11 new questions to answer.